Senior Director of Business Development
Remote | Columbus, OH | Growth | Full Time
Please apply by sending your resume to Branch Careers.
Branch was founded with a mission to restore insurance back to its original intent - a force for communal good.
As a fast-growing startup, Branch is in need of passionate, hardworking, and tech-savvy individuals to assist with business growth and development at every level of the company. Branch is searching for talented individuals from diverse backgrounds to shape the future of Branch through meaningful and engaging opportunities.
As we like to say around here: we’re getting back to getting each other’s back. And it all starts with a totally reimagined way to sell home and auto insurance.
There’s a lot of work to do - that’s where you come in.
About the Senior Director of Business Development role
We are building our growth and acquisition team. That means, we’re looking for an enthusiastic, get-it-done, team-driven Senior Director of Business Development to help grow our team.
Our Senior Director of Business Development is someone who:
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses analytical thought and deep knowledge of the field to exercise judgement. Creates strategic design for approach to deliverables
- Provides thought leadership (ideas and solutions) to cross functional team based on domain expertise; assists in development and execution of concepts as needed
- Identifies, anticipates and implements methods in support of optimal organizational effectiveness
- Develops team understanding of the company, processes, industry and customers
- Grows and develops team members
- Develops and coaches sales strategy
- Work closely with other areas of the organization to determine product fit.
- Lead Branch’s partnership efforts.
- Lead efforts to identify, assess and optimize new business opportunities within accounts to drive incremental revenue streams.
- Oversee data collection, analysis and reporting, for all key accounts, including addressing areas of opportunity, adapting strategy and driving results.
- Build and manage the Partnership team and function, driving member growth via distribution partners
- Oversee integration and optimization of partnerships with through Branch’s technology, branding and marketing functions
- Determines strategic initiatives that will deliver customer and business value and drives those companywide from inception to delivery
- Deep experience in sales (enterprise sales preferred), business development or similar functions (10+ Years Preferred)
- 5+ Years Experience in Insurance
- Knowledge of the mortgage industry and / or Consulting a plus
- Experience in leading Sales and Partnership Teams
- Bachelor or Masters Degree
- Great ability to listen for partners’ problems and collaborative solutions design
- Creative, strategic and analytical thinker and problem solver
- Outstanding written and oral communication
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Desire to make a big and positive impact
- Ability to thrive, adapt and re-prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
More about Branch
You will also be eligible for Branch’s growing benefits program which currently includes:
- Health insurance for you and your family
- A $150/mo contribution to a Health Savings Account (HSA), administered by Branch
- Managing your own time off (no paid time off program, allocation or fixed days off)
- Immediate participation in Branch’s 401K with profit sharing potential
At Branch, we are deeply committed to community. As such, we are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.