Remote | Columbus, OH | FAR | Full Time
Please apply by sending your resume to Branch Careers.
Branch was founded with a mission to restore insurance back to its original intent - a force for communal good.
As a fast-growing startup, Branch is in need of passionate, hardworking, and tech-savvy individuals to assist with business growth and development at every level of the company. Branch is searching for talented individuals from diverse backgrounds to shape the future of Branch through meaningful and engaging opportunities.
As we like to say around here: we’re getting back to getting each other’s back. And it all starts with a totally reimagined way to sell home and auto insurance.
There’s a lot of work to do - that’s where you come in.
About the Accounting Manager role
We are building our finance team. That means we’re looking for an enthusiastic, get-it-done, team-driven Accounting Manager to help us grow and grow with us.
Our Accounting Manager is someone who:
- Has interest in learning, building out and owning Branch’s accounting functions
- Has some knowledge and prior experience in finance, accounting, data and technology, and can point to opportunities where they used automation tech to improve accounting processes
- Has strong project management/juggling skills
- Enjoys managing projects and engages in work with others with empathy
The role will be primarily focused on supporting the system operations and design for Branch’s GAAP and Statutory accounting, facilitating audits, and supporting the development of automated processes within the department. The person who ultimately fills this role will wear many hats and will need to roll up their sleeves to be strategic while performing hands-on tasks. This is an opportunity to shape a function within a rapidly growing company, learn a broad range of skills rapidly, immersively, and make an impact in a huge market.
Responsibilities of the Accounting Manager Role
- Lead the development and publishing of Branch financial reports, including GAAP reporting, Statutory reporting, and Investor Reporting.
- Oversee a growing team of analysts who manage accounting and finance operations within bookkeeping, controllership, AP/AR processing, and expense processing.
- Support the development around Branch’s continually evolving FP&A process.
- Main point of contact for accounting vendors including: statutory accountants, external bookkeeping services, external tax accountants, and financial statement auditors.
- Teach and develop existing and new talent within the accounting team within Branch’s digital accounting environment.
- Develop and oversee cross-departmental relationships to provide excellent support to the entire business as Branch continues to experience fast-paced growth.
We know that everyone brings unique experiences to the table! Below are some guideposts of what background a successful Accounting Manager may have, but please don’t hesitate to apply if you don’t hit each and every bullet below:
- Accounting experience, insurance experience a plus; Likely have a BA/BS in Accounting or similar training.
- Likely a CPA or has a similar background
- Experience within Insurance or other regulated entities is beneficial
- Comfortable with SQL, with experience with Python, Alteryx, or other data manipulation languages as a plus.
- Functions well in ambiguity, preferring to be empowered and supported rather than have days laid out.
- Enjoys achieving and helping teammates achieve
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and like to be a part of a team
More about Branch
You will also be eligible for Branch’s growing benefits program which currently includes:
- Health insurance
- A $150/mo contribution to a Health Savings Account (HSA), administered by Branch
- A $200/mo commuter and parking expense reimbursement, or up to $75 home office internet expense reimbursement
- Managing your own time off (no paid time off program, allocation or fixed days off)
- Immediate participation in Branch’s 401K with profit sharing potential.
At Branch, we are deeply committed to community. As such, we are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.